Sunday, January 31, 2010

posting from the beach

I'm laying out on Hollywood Beach at the moment - no, not working on my tan, it's actually overcast right now - waiting for the paddleboard group meetup. It was supposed to be at 9, and so far I'm the only one out here. I am hoping people show up soon, because I've really been looking forward to getting back in to paddleboarding! It's a lot less windy and the ocean is much calmer today than last Sunday - which also bodes well for volleyball this afternoon.

I slept really late yesterday, like 11:30, so my diet was sorta quirky because of it. I had a yogurt for breakfast with my coffee, then a fried egg sandwich on multigrain bread for lunch - which were only about a half hour apart. I drank plenty of water in the afternoon, which was good, because I got a 3.5 mile run in before having to get ready for church. After getting back from the run, I had two spoonfuls of peanut butter (reduced fat) - so yummy and hit the spot! It's good for your body to have a little protein after a good workout. After getting cleaned up, I had a bowl of salad, then it was off to church.

I knew dinner was going to be my splurge meal for the week, because my parents wanted to go to Shorty's BBQ. I've been pretty good this week on both the diet and exercise fronts, so I indulged - pulled pork plate w/ a baked sweet potato, coleslaw, and a piece of Texas toast. And we had an order of onion rings to start. And boy was it good! Back on the straight and narrow now for me, though...although there is probably a good chance for Papa John's for dinner tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment