Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dipping a Toe into the Water

Okay, let's be real honest here: we all knew I wouldn't begin my mission in full earnest until after the weekend. My family was still in town, so that meant several things:

1.) Multiple yummy dinners aut on the tahn (as my Pixsburgh brethren would say).
2.) Lots of family time = less desire to go out and run 3 miles, more desire to eat things like white chocolate snowball cookies and red velvet cupcakes.
3.) I tend to show my love through baking...I baked cinnamon rolls from scratch for the fam Sunday morning, and then proceeded to eat two.

Monday morning arrives...early. Like 5 AM early, because I had to make an airport run. But this was a good thing, because it gave me no excuse not to go for a run once I got back to my house. So I bundled up (it was seriously like 38 degrees in Fort Lauderdale, and that's cold weather anywhere) and headed out for my first jog in three weeks. It was decent, I actually enjoy running in the cold, but I definitely petered out at the end of the 3.5 mile run. I'll get back into the groove fairly quickly, though. I also think it's time to shake things up in my running playlist, I'm up for suggestions on this one (I like running to angry rock).

From an exercise standpoint, mission accomplished on my first day back to work. From a diet standpoint...ehh, I did so-so. Breakfast was two cups of coffee w/ skim milk and a Fiber One bar on the morning commute; I was a good girl and packed my lunch before I left the house, but then...new hires in the office today!

Of course we had to take them out - I could feel temptation lurking around the prime burger sliders on the lunch menu. But I held my ground and ordered soup (chicken tortilla) and salad (chopped). I'd like to think both were fairly healthy, but I'm sure the salad may have had some saboteurs in it. Overall, though, I could have done worse. And I stuck to my guns and only drank water - no soda at all today! I did slip a little for dinner, and had leftover Indian takeout - I know for a fact that chicken tikka masala is not healthy, but my frugal side won out on that one, and I didn't want to see good leftovers go to waste. I'm planning a Publix shopping trip later this week to stock up on healthy things. And of course, my lunch is waiting for me in the fridge at the office :)

Now that it's well after midnight and I have to be up in less than six hours for my Total Gym workout, I better turn in. Getting back into the work groove is tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment