Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Month In...

Time flies when you're bustin' bumps, right?!? I think I am starting to see some progress - I'll know for sure when I measure myself in the next day or two. I usually see improvements in my legs and butt first, and the bump is always the hardest to change. But I'm workin' on it. New measurements and pics will be posted over the weekend!

I had a great 3.5 mi. run this morning around the 'hood; I have an aversion to running in the dark, although usually I just grit my teeth and do it. This morning, though, I slept a half hour longer and got out on the road around 6:40, and light was already in the sky - a nice change. And it didn't really take me much longer to get on the road for work than usual - I guess that shows how much time I waste putzing around in the morning, right?

So "sister" gave me a great idea to add to the blog this morning - she and a neighbor are food journaling over the next month or so, as they are trying to shed a few additional pounds. I've definitely been keeping track mentally of what I eat throughout the course of my mission, but perhaps it'll be even better if I incorporate it here - it should keep me even more accountable, right? So I'll start today with what was on my menu yesterday:

Breakfast: two cups of coffee w/ skim milk, a Fiber One bar
Lunch: Leftover red thai curry w/ chicken (homemade with light coconut milk, snow peas, zucchini and brown rice), cut up orange and grapefruit, diet peach Snapple
Snack: Starbucks tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte (3 PM), 1/4 cup each cocoa roasted almonds and dried apricots (5:30 PM)
Dinner: salad w/ romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, garbanzo beans, and craisins, with Italian dressing (sparing); almond butter, banana, and honey sandwich on multi-grain bread, iced tea w/ splenda

So I think I am on the right track as far as eating less pre-packaged and processed food, and more fruits and vegetables - AND making healthier choices when dining out; I probably could still cut a little more fat out of my diet, though. For the most part, the fat I am still eating is unsaturated, like the almonds, although coconut milk is definitely not unsaturated. I also have been eating Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meals for dinner at night - cuts way back on the fats and calories on the last meal of the day. I just have a hard time eating the same thing day after day, so I am always trying to find more healthy options for my meals. Any suggestions are welcome!

Alright, back to work for me...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bumpbuster,

    Just a thought as I was reading through your food journal...perhaps you may want to try eating more for breakfast. I find, for myself, that eating a more substantial breakfast keeps me from eating more throughout the day. Especially if you are working out in the morning. Just a thought!

    Also, how much water are you drinking throughout the day?

    Keep up the great work! I'm a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your advice! I am definitely going to get back into making smoothies more often, because they are packed with protein and keep me fuller longer. And I have been much better about drinking more water - I try to drink at least one 16 oz. glass every afternoon in the office, hopefully two. And of course after I run and workout!

    ReplyDelete