Monday, August 18, 2014

Wrapping Up Whole30 Weekend 2

My wingman with the heart of a champion!
I've gotten a little behind in blogging this weekend, but for good reason: it was a pretty action-packed weekend! First, food log:

Friday 8/15:
Breakfast: cup of Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup and the last of the Almost 5-Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie
Lunch: pulled pork with green beans and tomatoes with tex-mex seasoning, topped with guacamole
Dinner: bowl of Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup topped with pulled pork, Urban Garden omelet at the Riverside Market (more on that later)

Saturday 8/16:
Breakfast: cup of Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup, one Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage, banana
Lunch: diced grilled chicken thighs and oven roasted Brussels sprouts drizzled with creamy Italian dressing
Snack: banana with sunbutter
Dinner: pulled pork with green beans and tomatoes with tex-mex seasoning, topped with guacamole

Sunday 8/17:
Breakfast: cup of Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup, one Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage, banana
Lunch: diced grilled chicken thighs and oven roasted Brussels sprouts drizzled with creamy Italian dressing
Dinner: sashimi style roll (no rice), kc cucumber-wrapped roll, both with no sauce, I smuggled in coconut aminos for dipping :D

So as I said in my last post, I had two friends with birthdays this weekend, one being my boyfriend. Friday night, I went down to The Riverside Market in Fort Lauderdale to help a good friend celebrate his birthday. The Market is great little local beer garden that also happens to serve great food and has a great laid-back atmosphere. We hung out for about 4 hours, playing card games and eating and drinking.

 Now, one thing I haven't shared up to this point is that I don't drink alcohol, at all, so that probably gives me somewhat of an unfair advantage for the Whole30; I've read many posts on the Whole30 forum from my fellow August 4th starters that the worst part of the challenge is not having their nightly glass of wine. So anyways, hanging out at a beer garden for four hours was no problem for me. I hadn't planned on eating anything, but I ate dinner early, and was feeling a little hungry by the time we got down there, and was pretty pumped when I found they had omelets on the menu that were oven baked with no oil or butter. I ordered the Urban Garden omelet, which had spinach, broccoli and mushrooms: when the waitress brought it out, I cut into it with my fork and was so disappointed when I found cheese inside - cheese was definitely not listed on the menu. So I had to be THAT diner after all! I felt like such a jerk, but I sent it back and they remade it for me. And it was very good!

Saturday morning I was up early for Pilates at 8; it was another great class. The owner of the studio was my instructor this time, she was great and sent me some info after the class for their introductory special for after my LivingSocial deal ends. After the class, I went home, ate breakfast, and loaded Buster up for a trip down to the vet in Fort Lauderdale. Buster had the heart of a champion, he got 3 shots and barely flinched!

Saturday night I'd planned a birthday dinner for my boyfriend at a local Mexican restaurant; about 20-25 of our Crossfit friends came out to help celebrate. After having to send the omelet back the night before, I didn't feel like fighting my way through the menu, so I ate before we went. It was definitely hard to avoid the chips, salsa and guac!! But I stayed strong and had a great time with good friends.

Today, I got up and went to church, went out to my parents' for a quick trip to see my niece and nephew after church, then came home and straightened up the house a bit in the afternoon. My boyfriend came over in the early evening, and we went to Lemongrass, an Asian bistro in Boca. I ordered two rolls, one was called a "sashimi-style" roll that included tuna, salmon, cucumber and asparagus (wrapped in seaweed), then a cucumber-wrapped roll that also had tuna and salmon and some veggies. I smuggled in some coconut aminos to use in place of soy sauce, the sushi was delicious. 

After dinner, we walked across the street to a self-serve froyo shop. While my boyfriend filled his cup to the brim with four different kinds of froyo and then topped it with coconut, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles, I had just fresh fruit from the topping bar. It was a good cap to a great weekend.

I can't believe that I'm already two weeks in to my Whole30; tomorrow marks  the halfway point! I took pics on Day 1 (which I haven't shared yet), and I'm planning to take some more tomorrow, and then on Day 30. I've also got some new recipes to test in the hopper, I'll definitely be posting more about that later in the week. So if you've grown bored by my eating the same thing day after day, hang in there, new material is on the way!
What the what?!?


Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment