Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm Too Sexy For My Shorts....

Check these bad boys out! The orthopedic doctor gave them to me to wear for my consultation today, and I even got to keep them! SCORE!! Haha, at least I didn't have to put on one of those paper gowns, right???

Speaking of my ortho appointment today, the doctor wasn't able to pinpoint what's wrong with my back; he took x-rays, which were normal, and I don't have pain radiating down into my legs (and I never have), so he's confident it's just a strain that has been prolonged by continued use. The doctor gave me three options for right now: 1.) prescription painkillers and/or muscle relaxers, 2.) physical therapy, or 3.) injections. I asked the doctor if Pilates could be used as a sort of physical therapy, because a former colleague of mine had been prescribed Pilates as physical therapy for back pain, plus Pilates was originally designed for injured dancers. He said I could definitely try it, and we agreed on a month, and if I'm still hurting after that, I'll go back. I walked out disappointed that I still didn't have an answer, but maybe I should've been a stronger advocate for myself and asked for an
MRI. I've been thinking about the Pilates option for awhile, though, and I'm looking forward getting back into the practice. It's probably been about seven years since I last did Pilates! How did I get so old?!?

I'll be brief in summarizing my meals for today, because it's more or less what I've eaten the other three days this week. For breakfast, I sipped a mug of silky gingered zucchini soup on my drive to work, then had the grilled chicken, collards, and sweet potato hash once at work. For lunch, I had leftover beef and jicama home fries. I had a banana mid-afternoon, and for dinner I had pulled pork with green beans and tomatoes with tex-mex seasoning. I also had a handful of nuts around 8:30 this evening.

I'm going to have to do some grocery shopping after work tomorrow, because my food levels are getting dangerously low! As of right now I have about one serving left each of the grilled chicken and pulled pork, a decent amount of collard greens, one sweet potato, baby kale, baby carrots, and a cucumber. And eggs. I always keep plenty of eggs in the fridge! I'll be introducing a few different recipes into the rotation over the next 4-5 days, because I definitely don't want to run into food boredom!

No comments:

Post a Comment