Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Whole30 Day 9

Recap of today's meals:

Breakfast: Square of Almost 5-ingredient Spaghetti Pizza Pie, banana


Lunch: Diced grilled chicken thighs, collard greens, and sweet potato hash sautéed with diced onions and Well Fed 2's Sunrise Spice


Dinner: Deconstructed Hamburger Salad, baked sweet potato


I had dinner with my family tonight, so I brought along the fixings for the hamburger salad. My family was very curious! I also had a handful of nuts later in the evening. All day I had this feeling as if I wasn't eating enough; I was hungry several times throughout the day, and it felt like it took my dinner forever to hit bottom. More protein and more fat on the menu for tomorrow, for sure.

I'm happy to report that my back is still feeling pretty awesome after last night's Pilates class, which makes me feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I'm also hoping that the Whole30 is also playing a part - by removing inflammatory foods like sugar, dairy, and grains, I'm helping to heal the inflammation in my back. It's amazing how we feel is so closely intertwined with the nourishment we put into our bodies!

That's about it for tonight, hopefully I'll have more interesting foods to report back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment