Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Whole30: Halfway There!!


I'll keep it short here tonight, because it's wayyyy past my bedtime; I got home from Pilates around 7:15 and then needed to cook some things up for dinner, so I've been running behind all night. I'd been meaning to make another batch of BBQ sauce all weekend, and finally got around to it tonight. I used some of the sauce to make a sort of layered dish, with sliced sweet potatoes, collard greens, and shredded pork. I layered the ingredients in a ceramic dish and popped it in the oven for 30 minutes. It was pretty tasty, but I need to think more of branching out on the flavors and ingredients (I used what I had on hand tonight); I think it could be a pretty yummy dish. I'll keep testing and report back!

Here's my food log for today:

Breakfast: pulled pork, sweet potato, and collard green hash, chopped nectarine with coconut cream.
Lunch: diced grilled chicken thighs, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli drizzled with creamy Italian dressing.
Dinner: pork, sweet potato, collard greens "strata" with BBQ sauce.

I decided to post one halfway point pic, above. Not bad for 15 days, right? And to think if I could exercise at full capacity...ah well, gotta be kind to my body. The ol' back is a little stuff tonight, there were a few movements I did tonight at Pilates that may have been pushing it, so hopefully it'll feel better tomorrow.

Bedtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment