Thursday, August 14, 2014

One-Third of the Way There!

Today was Day 10, officially a third of the way through my Whole30! I did a much better job today of eating enough fats and protein, and felt satiated most of the day as a result.

Breakfast: Almost 5-Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie (I literally can eat the same thing for a week straight, can you tell?), chopped nectarine drizzled with whipped coconut cream.

Lunch: ground beef, green beans and tomatoes with tex-mex seasoning and a dollop of guacamole.

Afternoon snack: banana and small handful of macadamia nuts.

Dinner: at a friend's! My friend and her husband started their Whole30 on Monday, so she invited me over for a big pot of chili; I brought my spiralizer and we ladled the chili over zucchini noodles. It was so good! I also brought a jar of the ranch dressing I'd made over the weekend, and we had a nice crudité platter as well. Entertaining Whole30 style!!
I ate it too fast to take a picture, whoops

If you've never heard of a spiralizer before, you're missing out - you can use it to turn all sorts of veggies into noodles. Zucchini is probably the veggie I spiralizer the most - I use them in curries, soups, pad Thai, topped with pesto or tomato sauce, etc. I also really like sweet potato noodles too.
The spiralizer - a must-have in any Paleo kitchen!

I also went back to my Crossfit box tonight! I definitely did not do the wod, but practiced my strict pull-ups for about ten minutes, then rode the Airdyne for 20 minutes. It was good to see my friends from the box, I miss the sense of community when I stay away. I probably won't get back to the box until next week, but it's nice to know I can get in there and get some cardio in, even when I'm taking a break from the wods.

So far,I really haven't had too many of the "symptoms" a lot of people experience when doing a Whole30; I had a slight headache on Day 1, and was a little sleepy throughout the first week, but that was about it. However, I noticed today that I have a few breakouts on my face :( I'm hoping this is just my body working the toxins out, I don't need to be looking like a teenager!!

Ok, that's it for tonight, we're on the downward slide towards the weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment