Monday, February 15, 2010

Vamlumtines Day


February 15th is an awkward day in my calendar; it's the day that falls between Valentine's Day (a big occasion in some years, a nonevent in other years, like this year) and my birthday. What do you do with a random day like February 15th?

Treat it like any other day, I suppose. I actually had a great Valentine's Day too, sans-boyfriend; I worked out in my yard and played some beach volleyball in perfectly sunny 65-deegree weather, then treated myself to a pedicure. I also tested out a new cupcake recipe with two variations - citrus cupcakes with orange buttercream, and mocha latte cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with espresso buttercream). Then I started today out right, getting in a good TG workout, and was good about what I ate all day (well, except for taste-testing a few cupcakes!) On the docket for tomorrow: a nice 3.5 mile run in the morning, then who knows?

With the onset of tomorrow's birthday, I find myself thinking about where I'm at in life. Tomorrow I'll be 29, and God has blessed me with so much: a wonderful family, a great career with great coworkers, the ability to buy a home on my own, the opportunity to travel halfway around the world, not once, but twice - and preparing for a third trip. So why do I let myself get hung up on the small stuff? Maybe it's human nature to focus on what you don't have. Maybe I thought by the time I was 29, I'd have it all - marriage, maybe a kid or two, some sort of career (albeit not as hectic as my current one). God always has a better plan, I know he's got one for me. Maybe Tim Tebow really is out there in my future???

Ok, that was quite a digression from the usual workout and diet shtick. Back in the saddle next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment