Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Working till 12:30 AM Does nothing for one's weight loss regimen...

I know, I know. I haven't posted in over a week. Things got crazy at the office this past week, and I've barely had time to check my facebook, let alone blog. Fortunately I am seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it gets bigger soon.

Other than working in the yard for a few hours on Saturday (cleaning up palm fronds, which is more laborious than it sounds, and planting hedges), I have not exercised since Thursday. Bad. I knew Daylight Savings Time would put a crimp in my running routine, since it's still pretty dark, even at 6:45. I'm going to have to test the waters at some point, though. It's just hard to get up at 6:15 after working till 12:30 to begin with!

And the diet...ugh. I've been eating takeout for most meals, since I've been working so late. And when I get stressed, I tend to snack, so there has definitely been some dessert snacking going on. I was out at a client site today, and basically worked through lunch; thank goodness I had brought in a dozen donuts, because one became my lunch. But bad because it was a donut!!!

This is the type of evil that lurks during busy season; up to this point I've been able to avoid falling off the wagon too much, but I've got to get back on the straight and narrow before I fall off completely. Here's to a better second half of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment