Thursday, August 11, 2016

Whole30 Week 2...Midweek Report

Hello interwebz! Reporting in here for a little midweek update. I've been noshing on spicy tuna cakes, layered taco casserole, and teriyaki chicken all week, and my mouth and stomach have been happy campers all week. In fact, I'm loving the Spicy Tuna Cakes for breakfast so much, I'm making another (double) batch of them for next week!
Next week's meal plan/shopping list!

First, I wanted to report in on any changes I've felt I've experienced so far. Like I said in my last post, my sleep has been much deeper since cutting out all the grains, dairy and sugars. I just wish I could make myself go to bed earlier than I do! I've been better about getting into bed earlier, but then I watch tv or read a book until after 11, so I'm getting the same amount of sleep that I always do. I'm gonna keep trying, though.
This past week's sleep...definitely not long enough, but the depth is getting much better!

Another change I've seen is in my day to day demeanor or mood. I'm not really one to experience huge mood swings, but I've noticed that I've been calmer, internally, over the past week or so. I don't know if anyone else notices it, but I can feel it. I don't feel as stressed or wired, or whatever. Except in traffic, because that always brings out the ROAD RAGE in me!

Third, last night I may have gotten my first taste of tiger blood. I went to the gym at 5 after work, and got home from there around 6:30 or so, walked Buster, then sat down to eat dinner. Between eating dinner and then working on meal planning for next week, I think it was around 8 or so when I got up from the table, and there was a little light left in the sky. All of a sudden I had this feeling like I wanted to get some stuff accomplished last night, that I had been procrastinating on. In early July, I had dug out a flower bed around the back of my house, and planted five pineapple tops that I'd been propagating. When I finished that, I still had two tops that I'd just put in water, and still needed a week or two to sprout roots. Well, that was like four weeks ago, and the glasses were still sitting on my kitchen counter, along with a glass of scallions I'd done the same with. I got all three things planted last night! I also got my kitchen completely cleaned up, dishwasher loaded and run, and even cut my fingernails after I got out of the shower last night, LOL. I usually tend to wait until I can barely type anymore to do that!!! Honestly, feeling so motivated and having a steady, even energy is such an awesome thing, I only hope that it continues in the weeks ahead...

The final change that I've seen so far is that I do think my work pants are slowly starting to become looser on me. I wish I would've taken my measurements before starting on August 1, but unfortunately I didn't. I can definitely tell a difference in the quads/thighs, and several of my work pants that used to really cut into me at the waist while seated at my desk no longer seem to be so tight, so I'm taking that as a really good sign that my body is changing in the right direction. Like I said, I didn't take measurements, but I did take some pictures the week before starting the Whole30, so I'm going to try to take mid-point progress pictures next Monday, and post them here!

Alright, that's all I've got for now. I hope everyone is having a great week, it's almost the weekend, woohoo!!!