Monday, February 22, 2010

Lowering your standards doesn't get you anywhere...

...ok, so distraction is over, and that's all I have to say about that. Anyways, I'm really slacking on the blog posts!! Now that work has picked up again, it's gotten harder to find the time to write. But my mission has been going well; last week was a bit tough, due to all of the celebrating that went on, but I still managed to stay consistent with my workouts (worked out every morning!), and didn't go too overboard on the eating.



Ok, so maybe except for the cheesecake. But c'mon, it was my BIRFDAY, and I did eat the entire piece over three nights!! You gotta spread the wealth, man!

I've found that my most energetic day of the week is Sunday. Since mid-January, I've been burning over a thousand calories each Sunday, by playing volleyball and doing yardwork. And usually I really enjoy those activities, so it doesn't even seem like true "working out". Yesterday was no different; my handyman came by the house in the late morning to go over the list of projects I needed his help with this spring. The meeting got me so excited about getting my yard in shape that I decided to start that afternoon! I took my brand new metal rake out to the front yard, and started hacking away at the poor dead sod covering my lawn. FYI, I believe chinch bugs invaded my lawn this fall, nibbling away at the roots and killing off the sod in patches. Very sad. So I'm resodding the lawn, after my handyman fixes my sprinklers. I'll try to upload a pic of the in-process front yard sometime this week (if I can remember to grab my camera and take a pic in the daylight). I'm also going to plant some hedges and other flowers and such, but that'll come soon enough!

So this weekend is my second measurement; I'm excited to see what progress I've made in the last month! While I was getting ready for work this morning, I started to put on a pair of pants I bought after Christmas - there is NO WAY I can wear them until I get them altered, they practically fall off of me now!! It was encouraging to see the progress in my measurements last month, and also a good mid-month encouragement to see that I'd lost some weight as well! Hopefully the progress wagon keeps moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment