Saturday, October 11, 2014

Breaking News...Round 2!!!

sorry I've been absent for a month, things got a little hectic last month, I slipped away from the disciplined, clean eating I'd been keeping to for over a month, and...well, I just got lazy. When you're lazy, you'll eat just about anything put in front of you. And I pretty much did. Ah, such is life.

But great news! I'm taking on another round of the Whole30 in support of my little sister!! We've been at it for the better part of a week, and I'm proud of her determination! She's been struggling with digestion and intestinal issues for most of this year, so she decided to do the Whole30 to see if it would help ease some of the painful symptoms that she's been having. Perhaps you'll see her in a guest post further down the line!!



Just a quick recap of some of the things I've eaten this week, which have pretty much been the same every day: breakfast has been chicken Apple sausage and homemade coconut milk yogurt with my homemade mango jam mixed in, then grilled chicken, zucchini soup, and baby carrots for lunch, and a new stir fry I mixed up this week for dinner! I spiralized a sweet potato and sautéed half of the noodles in a little ghee to soften them, then I mixed in some browned ground beef and some steam-sautéed "Cruciferous Crunch" veggie mix from Trader Joe's (it finally opened in Boca!!). I seasoned liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then also threw in some ground mustard and fennel seeds. It was really good!



My sister and I are planning to do another big cookup Sunday afternoon for the week ahead, so I'll report back more after then. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hmm, wonder what this could be for???

No comments:

Post a Comment