Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And We're Baaaaaackkk!!!


By now we all know that I am a terrible blogger, and not only that, I tend to fall off the fitness bandwagon fairly quickly. I do want to point out that I was good for four and a half months, over a third of the year! Only to be followed by almost four months of slacking off, ha ha. A lot did happen during those four months, however: I returned from India, got ridiculously busy with work (as usual), resigned from said work, took a two week road trip and visited family (and was stuffed full of sweets by both grandmothers), and started my new job working for my dad. So between all of that, there wasn't a whole lot of exercising going on, at least on a regular basis. And as I mentioned, there was lots of bad eating involved, so it shames me to admit that all of my hard work back in the spring was reversed - I put all but two pounds back on. :(

I did get back into standup paddleboarding in June, and have been going every couple of weeks (when I can afford the rental fees). See the pic above of me in action!

The good news, though, is that I am back on the wagon: I've been working out for the past week and two days, getting back into my old routine of alternating 3-mile jogs with Total Gym workouts, and tonight I even mixed it up with a yoga session (I sure do miss the yoga classes in Hyderabad!). I only took Sunday off in that timespan! And since I started my new job, I have been packing my lunch every day, trying to pack healthy options, and not overeat in the evenings when I get home. I am hoping to make some good progress in September - I'm heading up to Ohio the first weekend in October, and will definitely run into some old college friends, so that is definitely a good motivation to lose some weight - and inches!

So that's it for now - I suppose I should do a measurement update, I'll try to do that by the weekend. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment