Sunday, April 25, 2010

Metric to English conversions


Why can't my frangipani trees at home look this good?


So now I've REALLY fallen behind in my blogging...but here goes, my first post in India! I've got the better part of a week under my belt, and so far, so good. It is definitely more of a challenge to eat healthy here, because 1.) all Indian food is cooked with some amount of oil in it, and 2.) fresh vegetables don't really come into the mix at all. But I am trying. I trust the raw veggies here at the hotel, so I had a salad at lunch yesterday. And the spa at Ista had a plate of apples out, they were sooo good! It's funny how you crave certain things when you know you can't have them - I definitely snagged an apple for the road!

While waiting for my treatments at the spa, I noticed they had a scale in the waiting area; since it's been a week or so since I weighed myself, I had to jump on. Then I realized it was a metric scale, ha ha. So I noted my weight on the scale - 61.8 kilograms - and googled "kilograms to pounds converter" once I got back to the room later last night. FYI, 1 kilogram is 2.2 pounds, pretty easy to remember, right? So that puts me at just under 136 lbs., woohoo! The pounds definitely have not been coming off as easily as at first, but at the very least I am not gaining any back.

The good thing about being in India is that I can be very consistent with my workouts; they have a great gym here at the hotel, with free weights and good cardio machines. I also did my first authentic yoga lesson this morning! Definitely a sweat fest (not only because it was in an unairconditioned room, either), and I signed up for a month, so I'm hoping to be consistent and go at least 3-4 days during the last three weeks I am here.

Unfortunately I did not bring a measuring tape with me, so the May measurements may have to wait until I get back to the states! Now that I'm over my jet lag and have gotten adjusted to Hyderabad time, though, I'll try to be more consistent in my blogging. Here's to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment